- Germanium transistor in the drive section
- TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer chosen for the way it saturates
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty foot switches (rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Individually hand-built on to a high-quality PCB, assembled, hand-wired, tested and packaged all by Michael Hudson
POWER – The Broadcast requires a DC power supply unit (PSU). Please ensure your PSU can supply 9v, a minimum current of 50mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs.
THIS VERSION OF THE BROADCAST CONTAINS A VOLTAGE BOOSTER TO INCREASE THE VOLTAGE OF THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT FROM 9V UP TO 24V. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PEDAL AT POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGES HIGHER THAN 9.6VDC AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE PEDAL AND VOID ITS WARRANTY!
LEFT FOOT SWITCH – Bypasses the pedal (red LED indicates the pedal is active)
RIGHT FOOT SWITCH – Toggles between LOW and HIGH gain modes (green LED indicates HIGH gain mode is selected)
LEVEL LOW – Controls the volume of the pedal in LOW gain mode
LEVEL HIGH – Controls the volume of the pedal in HIGH gain mode
GAIN TRIM – Controls the gain level (both in LOW and HIGH gain modes) of the Broadcast (at higher settings the high-end of the signal is gently rolled off)
LOW CUT – Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast (since this control lies at the front
end of the Broadcast’s circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls)
INTERNAL TRIMMERS – Sets the gain range for each mode. The LOW gain mode is located to the left and the HIGH to the right.