- Selected Germanium and Silicon transistors
- Specially chosen TRIAD Magnetics steel-core transformer
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Individually hand-built on to a high-quality PCB, assembled, hand-wired, tested and packaged all by Michael Hudson
LEFT FOOT SWITCH – Bypasses the pedal (red LED indicates the pedal is active)
RIGHT FOOT SWITCH – Toggles between LOW and HIGH gain modes (green LED indicates HIGH gain mode is selected)
LEVEL LOW – Controls the volume of the pedal in LOW gain mode
LEVEL HIGH – Controls the volume of the pedal in HIGH gain mode
GAIN TRIM – Controls the gain level (both in LOW and HIGH gain modes) of the Broadcast (at higher settings the high-end of the signal is gently rolled off)
LOW CUT – Attenuates the low-end of the Broadcast (since this control lies at the front
end of the Broadcast’s circuitry, it is interactive with the gain controls)
INTERNAL TRIMMERS – Sets the total amount of gain available in each mode.
DC SOCKET – The Broadcast requires a DC power supply unit (PSU) and can run at voltages between 9v and 24v; running the Broadcast at 18v or 24v gives it more headroom, output level and clarity. This is great for use with bass or when using the Broadcast as a clean pre-amp boost.
The Broadcast requires a DC power supply unit (PSU). Please ensure your PSU can supply between 9v and 24v, a minimum current of 20mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs, e.g. Voodoo Labs ISO-5 / Pedal Power 2 Plus.
CURRENT DRAW – 20mA